Keep moving forward
We as a family are taking time to breath, process and to find a way to "Keep moving forward". In the future we will be adding the following posts to the blog:
-speeches from his Celebration of Life (including the picture slide show in case you couldn't join us)
-video memories or tributes to Davis recorded at his celebration of life
Davis' prewritten post topics:
· Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection Surgery experience
· his perspective on full brain radiation and Central Line (CVC) infection
· Tandem Stem Cell Transplant
· more chemo, immunotherapy and signs treatment wasn't working
Blog posts written by his family on topics he wanted to post including:
· chemo and taming the taste buds
· how are you? The loaded question
· research - the path we followed, including who/where helped. Let's start with a big thank you to Dr. Fraser Armstrong. Dr. Armstrong was instrumental in bringing Davis home and his care at home. He called and came to our home every day and ensured Davis was comfortable. Dr. Armstrong is compassionate, caring and Davis was very fortunate and grateful for the quality of care he received. Thank you Dr. Armstrong. You will forever hold a special place in our hearts.
· "Keep Moving Forward" - how Davis family is managing
· What's next? We will start a foundation or legacy program in Davis' honour
· GoFundMe set up advice, what worked and what didn't.
Please let us know if there are any topics you'd like us to write about.
We will leave you with one of Davis' favourite quotes from the movie "Meet the Robinsons" and from Walt Disney himself:
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
As Davis said: Keep moving forward!